I'm infected, now what ?
Self isolation at home
- Stay away from people in your home as much as possible. Use a separate bathroom and accessories if possible.
- Restrict contact with pets and other animals as these viruses affect animals as well. Although there are no suspect cases of pets or other animals affecting COVID-19, it is better to restrict contact with animals for the time being.
- Do not share dishes, glasses, cups, towels, bed and other accessories with your family members.
- Wash all items thoroughly after use.
Visit healthcare organization
Inform the healthcare provider about the symptoms you are observing. This will help them to provide proper advice and medication to you.
You can recover at home itself unless you have serious concerns.
Incase of emergency warning signs like
- Trouble breathing or shortness in breath
- Continuous pain or pressure in the chest
- Dry coughing persistently
- Bluish lips or face
- New confusion or difficulty to arouse
Call for a medical emergency.
Cayman - Call 911 if you have a medical emergency and notify the operator that you are having COVID-19 and condition is vulnerable
Get medical attention immediately if you have emergency warnings mentioned above.
Know the signs of recovery
- You are recovering from COVID-19, if:
- You have no fever for at least 72 hours.
- There’s improvement in sneezing, coughing, and other symptoms.
- You received two negative tests in a row within a gap of 24 hours.